Mathematics Foundations 20 has nine main outcomes that students must learn to be successful in the course. The course reiterates many topics that have been covered in earlier grades but are more in depth.
Textbook: Nelson Foundations of Mathematics 11
Course Outline / Year Plan: Click here.
- Demonstrate understanding of the mathematics involved in an historical event or an area of interest
- Demonstrate understanding of inductive and deductive reasoning
- Expand and demonstrate understanding of proportional reasoning
- Demonstrate understanding of properties of angles and triangles
- Demonstrate understanding of the cosine law and sine law (including the ambiguous case)
- Demonstrate an understanding of normal distribution, including standard deviation and z-scores
- Demonstrate understanding of the interpretation of statistical data
- DDemonstrate understanding of systems of linear inequalities in two variables
- Demonstrate an understanding of the characteristics of quadratic functions of the form y = a(x – p)² + q