Mathematics Foundations 10 has ten main outcomes that students must learn to be successful in the course. The course reiterates many topics that have been covered in earlier grades but are more in depth.
Textbook: Pearson Foundations and Pre-calculus 10
Course Outline / Year Plan: Click here.
- Demonstrate understanding of factors of whole numbers
- Demonstrate understanding of irrational numbers in both radical (including mixed radical) and exponent forms
- Demonstrate understanding of SI and imperial units of measurement
- Develop and apply the primary trigonometric ratios (sine, cosine, tangent) to solve problems that involve right triangles
- Demonstrate understanding of the multiplication and factoring of polynomial expressions (concretely, pictorially, and symbolically)
- Expand and apply understanding of relations and functions
- Demonstrate, with and without the use of technology, understanding of slope (concretely, pictorially, and symbolically)
- Demonstrate understanding of linear relations
- Demonstrate understanding of the writing and application of equations of linear relations
- Solve problems that involve systems of linear equations in two variables, graphically and algebraically